Here are some helpful and informative websites that you might be interested in.
Here are some organisations that can help:
- Safe to talk, He pai ki te kōrero(external link) - (0800) 044 334, text 4334 - free and confidential support and information available 24/7 to people affected by sexual violence. They can put you in contact with support services in your area.
- Rape Crisis(external link) offer support services and you can call their national helpline free on (0800) 88 33 00
- Sexual Abuse HELP have offices around NZ and have a 24h confidential phone line which you can call free on (0800) 623 1700
- Kaupapa Māori services providing support for you, your whānau, hapu or iwi. Their programmes are designed within a Māori framework. They recognise the importance of working collectively under whakawhanaungatanga and your customary right to receive the best for you and your whānau.
- Te Tai Tokerau, Tainui, Northland, Auckland, Waikato - Korowai Tumanako(external link) firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile (027) 422 6282 or (027) 370 2091
- Te Tai Tokerau - Tu Wahine Trust (09) 838 8700
- Mataatua, Te Arawa, Tairawhiti, Bay of Plenty - Kite Rapu I Te Ora Trust (07) 315 8429
- Rotorua - Te Utuhina Manaakitanga Trust (07) 348 3598
- Te Wai Pounamu, Christchurch - Te Puna Oranga (03) 381 8472. Also 24 hour crisis support via (0800) TRAUMALINE
- A list of individual Māori counsellors can be found at TOAH-NNEST(external link)
- Shakti(external link) provides culturally sensitive services by ethnic women for ethnic women of Asian, African and Middle Eastern origin.
- For male survivors:
Other helpful organisations:
Other information that may be of interest: